Thursday, March 27, 2014

Figuring Out What I Know

They say to write what you know. I always took that as a restriction because I did not know much. My story, at first glance, is exhaustingly boring. I am often lost in a crowd of hundred of other white, mid-twenties females who have a degree, but little else. However, the vast monotony of my life holds some kind of unifying beauty. My life is unspectacular in the same way that many other lives are unspectacular. But life is beautiful, and as I observe the nameless people who walk through my life in a blur I realize that I believe each blur has a unique story to tell. So my story may not be anything new. As I sit down to tell it I have no clue what I'm actually telling. I don't know the plot of my own tale, but it is wholly my own. And that accounts for something, if not everything.
So, here is what I know:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home